Introducing… Velvet Soul.
*** BAND OF THE MONTH ***
If you’re planning a wedding in South Wales or The South West and need a honey-coated soul band oozing with velvety goodness then look no further.
Velvet Soul are a delicious female-fronted 6-piece band specialising in timeless soul, disco, funk and motown classics by the likes of Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Chaka Khan and Michael Jackson, guaranteed to bring your party to life with irresistible grooves that will leave your guests breathless.
As well as providing lively and classy wedding reception entertainment, Velvet Soul can also bring their own unique flare to your daytime drinks reception, ensuring your entire wedding day is one fun and funky day to remember.
If you’re looking to hire the very best soul band for your wedding, book Velvet Soul.
Hire Velvet Soul For Your Wedding Entertainment
If you want to hire live entertainment for your wedding, then Velvet Soul is the perfect band for you. They ooze charisma and offer some exceptional performances of Motown classics. There is no better band in the UK when it comes to bringing some funk and soul to a party. Get everyone bumping to the greatest hits of yesteryear and sprinkle some smooth velvet soul on your wedding night.
Whether you’re looking for ceremony entertainment, drinks reception party band, or entertainment for the wedding reception; Velvet Soul is perfect for you. They’ve got a set that includes tributes to some of the most iconic artists of the last fifty years. Aretha Franklin, James Brown, and Michael Jackson are all brought to your event thanks to the unbelievable talent of this top quality act. From Blame It On The Boogie to Respect, all the classics are covered in style. Plus, they even throw in a few modern funk tracks as well from the likes of Bruno Marse and Maroon 5. So, you have plenty of musical choices, and a full list of their playlists can be found further down the page.
Velvet Soul is aptly named as there’s a smoothness to everything they do. When this female-fronted 6-piece band are singing, it’s the audio equivalent of delicious velvety melted chocolate. There’s something in their voices that transports you to another time and place, it can feel like you’re back in the heyday of Motown, funk, and soul. They’ve been together for so many years, and this means that every performance is nailed down and delivered with the utmost precision. Every single gig is carefully crafted to give the audience an experience like no other. From outrageous vocals to beautiful live instrumentals, they really are the perfect wedding party entertainment.
The beauty of Velvet Soul is that they offer something different to a lot of corporate entertainment acts out there. Instead of hiring a band that sings the same old pop songs, you get a group that produces groovy that are proven to get all your guests attacking the dancefloor. There’s a uniqueness to their performances that can set your corporate event entertainment apart from the rest and allow you to put together a night people will remember forever.
Words don’t do them justice, so why don’t you take a look at the videos and audio clips on this page instead? This is where you’ll get a real taste of Velvet Soul – but make sure you’re sitting down as most people go weak at the knees when they hear this talented band for the first time.
If you’re keen to hire the best soul band for your corporate event, then contact Music HQ today, and we’ll help you book Velvet Soul. Press the enquire button below and fill in the short form to give us your details. Then, we’ll handle the booking and set you up with the very best high-end corporate entertainment.
BOOKING OPTIONS – Velvet Soul Wedding Soul Music
Please contact us for a quote. As every wedding and event is unique, we tailor our packages to suit you. There are also several factors for us to consider i.e. Peak dates, travel times, off-peak special offers, specific requirements etc. Rest assured, our pricing is always transparent with no hidden costs | GET QUOTE
Price is based on 6 members performing 2 x 60 minute sets.
Choose any of the following additional booking options when you hire Velvet Soul:
- FREE DJ SERVICE
- The band always supplement their live performances with FREE DJ music when they are not performing up until midnight.
- Manned DJ Service
- This option means a band member is always present whilst the music is running, allowing you to request songs and tailor the music to keep the dance floor pumping.
- Professional DJ Service
- If you’re looking for a complete package, choose one of our amazing professional DJs.
- First Dance Song Request
- Velvet Soul will always be happy to perform the First Dance if it’s something the band already know. If it’s a song the band wouldn’t feel comfortable performing, then it’s likely they’ll suggest you download the original song or request a rehearsal fee.
- Additional Song Request
- For Velvet Soul to learn and perform an additional song request.
- Acoustic Set
- 1 x 60 minutes or 2 x 30 minute acoustic sets performed during drinks receptions (includes early arrival from midday)
- 1am Finish
- Additional Band Members
- Male Vocals, Saxaphone, Trumpet, Percussion etc.
- First Dance Song Professionally Recorded
- A truly bespoke version of your special song to keep forever. Recorded, mixed and mastered in a professional studio set up.
VELVET SOUL PLAYLIST
- 1999 – Prince
- Ain’t No Mountain – Marvin Gaye
- Ain’t No Stopping Us Now – McFadden and Whitehead
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Blame It On The Boogie – The Jacksons
- Brick House – The Commodores
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE
- Can’t Feel My Face – The Weekend
- Can’t Stop This Feelin’ – Justin Timberlake
- Canned Heat – Jamiroquai
- Car Wash – Rose Royce
- Celebration – Kool and The Gang
- Chain of Fools – Aretha Franklin
- Dancing In The Streets – Martha Reeves
- Disco Inferno – The Trammps
- Everybody Dance – Chic
- Fell In Love With A Boy – Joss Stone
- Forget You – CeeLo Green
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Get Up Offa – James Brown
- Gimme Gimme Gimme – Abba
- Good Times – Chic
- Got To Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
- Happy – Pharell Williams
- Hard to Handle – Otis Reading
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Higher Ground – Stevie Wonder
- Hold on I’m Coming – Sam & Dave
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- I Got A Woman – Ray Charles (John Mayer Version)
- I Got The Feelin’ – James Brown
- I Want You Back – The Jackson 5
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
- I’m Still Standing – Elton John
- Jungle Boogie – Kool and the Gang
- Kiss – Prince
- Lady Marmalade – Patti Labelle
- Le Freak – Chic
- Let’s Dance – David Bowie
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Let’s Groove – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Midnight Hour – Wilson Pickett
- Move On Up – Curtis Mayfield
- Move Your Feet – Junior Senior
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
- Oh, What a Night! (December 63)
- Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- Relight My Fire – Dan Hartman
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
- Rockin’ Robin – Jackson 5
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
- Sax – Fleur East
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Streetlife – Randy Crawford
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- That’s The Way I Like It – KC and The Sunshine Band
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- You Should Be Dancin – Bee Gees
- You’ve Got the Love – Candi Station
- Young Hearts – Candi Stanton
- Baby I’m Yours – Arctic Monkeys
- Best of My Love – The Emotions
- Can’t Take My Eyes off You – Andy Williams
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- For Once in my Life – Stevie Wonder
- How Sweet it is – Stevie Wonder
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Love on Top – Beyonce
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Rather Be – Jess Glynne
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
- Still into You – Paramore
- You’re the One That I Want – Grease The Musical
VELVET SOUL TESTIMONIALS
Velvet Soul seriously rocked our event, and had everyone on their feet within seconds! A great band with a dynamic front woman - can't ask for more!SARAH CAMPBELL-HORNERRock on the Rooftop Event Organiser
Just sending an email to send a massive thank you for playing at our wedding on the 28th March. From what I remember of a great day the dance floor was booming! So many of our friends and family said how great you were.RUTH & CHRIS New House Hotel, Cardiff
We loved our first dance so thanks for that. You did a brilliant version!
The band were absolutely fantastic!! We have had countless compliments about you from our guests. The set was fantastic, and so many people have commented on how fantastic Naomi's voice was - thank you so much for accommodating us on those and making the night so special.
SHARON MARTINCrug Glas, Pembrokeshire
Sian and I wanted to write to thank you so much for playing at our wedding reception. All the guests have given you rave reviews! What a fun night and thank you for squeezing into such a small space! You really made our reception everything we could have hoped for!EIFION WILLIAMS The Barn at Brynich, Brecon